Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wellness - #41

1. I visited the Yahoo Green website and discovered that I emit 13.7 tons of carbon dioxide per year (5.7 at home, 8.0 on the road, 0 in the air). The average American emits 9.44 tons per year, so I am a little bit over the norm. I can reduce my carbon footprint by a couple of ways: washing my clothes in cold water, instead of hot; hanging half of my clothes outside on a clothes line, instead of using the dryer; and changing my truck's tires when they are in need of a replacement and getting scheduled oil changes.

2. I have visited the Canino's Farmers Market on Airline several times. They have a variety of produce and it is fairly inexpensive (compared to Krogers). I usually buy onions, bell peppers, lemons, lettuce, cilantro, squash, tomatoes, apples, oranges, melons, beans, & nuts. My bill is never over $20 dollars, which is a great deal!

No comments: