Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wellness #41 - (Part 2)

The activity that is easy to do and I can start doing right away to live a greener lifesyle is recycling products at home. I visited the site, The Internet Consumer Recycling Guide, and it contained a list of products that are safe to be recycled. This included paper, magazines, newspapers, aluminum cans, clear grocery bags, some glass bottles, and a few plastics.

The second activity that takes more commitment to do, but I want to give it a try, is taking my own "green" bags to the grocery store. I've seen people carry these around, but I've never used one before. The plastic bags are much more convenient, since they are already at the store, and all of my groceries fit in them. I go grocery shopping once a week and my cart is always full, which means that I would need at least 8 "green" bags to fill up my stuff. Hauling those bags around can be a hassle. I've seen Eva Mendez on a television commercial promoting her own personalized "green" bags line, so even celebrities are taking a step to protect our environment.

No comments: