Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pot Luck #55 - Getting the Most out of Facebook

I had already signed up for a Facebook account about three months ago. I joined because a friend of mine had e-mailed me asking me to join Facebook and add them as a friend to my account. Facebook also suggested friends that I may know (by high school connection or other friends friends) and would want to add, so I added more friends this way. I don't visit Facebook on a daily basis, more like a monthly basis, so I had a few things waiting for me. I had two quizzes to take and I had a best friend request. The application that I added was the "add a fairy" selection. I named the fairy Bianca and I created a fairy garden named Serene. The garden will eventually contain colorful exotic flowers, tropical palm trees with coconuts, and a large waterfall that cascades into a pool with red rose petals floating around. The fairy garden gives you gold coins and bonus diamonds, depending on the different games that you play and by joining the garden. I played the magical mushrooms game and the object of the game was to match up two mushrooms that contained the same amount of gold coins underneath it. Towards the end, I had collected 60 gold coins and it was time to go shopping! I bought a flower pot for 5 gold coins, a new seed (cumulus albiflorus) worth 3 gold coins, and a sprinkling of water for 1 gold coin. If I don't log onto Facebook within 48 hours, my plant will never grow and it will die.

No comments: