Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maps #34


1. I discovered the GPS coordinates for the HCPL ADM building (8080 El Rio Street Houston, TX 77054) to be +29° 41’ 8.89”, -95° 23’ 20.19”.


2. The geocache that I would be interested in finding (if I had a GPS tracker), would be the following: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c04d689f-3e24-4669-b35d-bea4cea28a61. The GPS corrdinates for this find are N 29° 41.195 W 095° 23.018.


3. Unitl today, I had never heard of this geocaching "hobby" that a lot of people around the world seem to be participating in. I think the whole idea of this treasure hunt is quite amusing. Some of the geocachers profiles state that they have been to many different states and countries, just to go look for these hidden treasures. If I had a GPS tracker, I would probably go find the item that is listed on the link above, just because it is located close to my job (somewhere between Holly Hall & El Camino). The hint that the person who hid the treasure gave was that it was "under square, above circle". They don't disclose what type of item it is, they just display the GPS coordinates to find it. This could be a fun hobby, if I had the spare time to actually go look for the stuff!


No comments: