Monday, April 21, 2008

Maps #33


Activity 1:

I visited the website, http://www.har.com/, and I searched for a 4+ bedroom/2+ bathroom home in the Northwest area. The house that caught my eye contained 4 bedrooms & 2 1/2 bathrooms. It also contained marble floors, granite countertops, fireplace, sprinkler system, area pool, & a satellite dish. The only negative things that I did not like about the house was that it was built in 1993 (I want a newer home) and one of the rooms was painted green & yellow (not my taste in wall colors, but I could always re-paint them).

Activity 2:

I did not like the website, http://www.discoverourtown.com/, because it did not have a feature that would let you search by a certain area of town. It basically contained a map of Texas, and I selected Houston, TX, and it gave me a ton of listings for stores, restaurants, etc. However, I could not narrow down my search by a certain address or zip code. On the other hand, I really liked the website, http://www.walkscore.com/. I typed in my potential new home's address and it gave me a couple of listings of what was nearby. The closest restaurant was Koi Japanese Restaurant, closest library was HCPL Northwest Library, & the closest clothing store was Retro Chic. The only thing to watch out for when typing in the home's address at this site, is that it is best to type in the city and state as well. At first, I did not include Houston, TX, and my first search included sites in California (apparently California has the same exact address as the home here in Houston).


No comments: