Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Maps #31


When I need to get directions from point A to point B, I always rely on yahoo maps. If for some reason I did not like the directions that the site provided me, my next choice would be to look it up on mapquest. I did visit the google maps and I really liked that site, because it has a wider array of options. I typed in my home address and I had the option of viewing the streets around my neighborhood and I also could locate stores around my area. For example, I typed in the word "pizza" and it automatically displayed the names of several pizza places (and showed their location on the map), along with their addresses and phone numbers. This tool would have been very helpful to me a month ago, when I was trying to locate the nearest Blockbuster video store.

No comments: