Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Games & Gaming #35


I visited the website, http://www.freerice.com/, and I really enjoyed it! It is a site that allows you to enhance your vocabulary skills by playing a game where you have to choose the best definition for a certain word. The best part about it is that the site donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program for every correct answer that you get. I enjoyed playing the game and I actually donated 2,520 grains of rice! That makes me feel very, very good! The sponsors listed at the bottom of the page within that site, are the ones who donate the money to pay for the rice. This site actually accomplishes two things at one time: enhance people's vocabulary & feed the hungry. What a wonderful website, I will recommend it to all of my friends!

No comments: