Thursday, August 27, 2009

Zines

1. I didn't know what a zine was until I read the module. I thought this word was pronounced as "sign", but my co-worker Dave said it was "zeen", so I learned something new today. A zine is a homemade magazine or book that includes text or graphic. If I were to make a zine, it would contain my mom's homemade recipes and pictures of the food that she cooks. I've always wanted to make that "book" and pass it on to my sisters, nieces, and daughter. It would be a family cookbook that would be passed on for generations.

2. I think zines inside the library are a good thing. It would reflect other people's opinions, interests, passions, etc. about a particular topic. I don't think cataloging them would be a good idea, but maybe have them out on a table, next to the bookshelf where that topic resides.

No comments: