Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Craftspiration

I visited the site Repurposeful, and it contained many ideas on finding new uses for everyday things. I found an interesting and informative post, which stated that cocoa powder and human hair, when sprinkled in your garden, can both get rid of unwanted deer that eat your flowers. I will try the cocoa powder next time I visit our ranch house, where there is an abundance of deer. I don't plan to carry around my freshly cut hair in my purse, so that's out of the question.

I checked out Craftster.org and I saw a video on how to make earrings (I prefer to watch a video than read how-to instructions). I learned a new technique on wire wrapping. Over the summer, I picked up a jewelry making hobby, but I only know how to make basic things. I made a few earrings, bracelets, and necklaces. My goal is to be able to learn advanced jewelry skills and try to make a replica of my wedding earrings (they are dazzling... made with Swarvoski crystals)!

No comments: