Thursday, August 27, 2009

Coin Collecting

1. I spread out my pocket change and I found a 1942 penny! The back of the coin read -ONE CENT - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and it contained two feathers on opposite ends. I think it is worth more than 1 cent, probably one dollar. I looked it up on the Historical Image Library, but I could not find it.

2. I searched for a coin dealer in Houston and I found a company called US Coins Inc. They had a lot of coins in their inventory. I browsed their featured coins and was shocked at how much they were selling for! A 1795 Small Eagle Capped Bust $5 coin was selling for $65,000 & an 1893 Morgan Dollar had a price tag of $16,125!! Wow, it is unbelievable how much antique coins cost.

3. I've never been intrigued by coin collecting, so I don't see myself picking up this hobby. But, I will save that 1942 penny, just in case it is worth major bucks in the future!

No comments: