Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pets #71

1. I took the Pet Picker Quiz and the right type of pet for me was a reptile. I do agree with that, since I do not have very much time to take care of an animal that requires a lot of attention, since I spend almost all of my free time taking care of my baby daughter. I also do not like animal hair wandering all over the house. I used to have a Labrador Retriever (weighed 80 pounds!), but she is now at my in-laws house, since my father-in-law walks her every day and takes good care of her. Before the birth of my daughter, I used to walk “Guera” every day around the block, feed her, bathe her, and brush her hair. A pet like that requires a lot of attention! Now, I don’t even have time to exercise for myself, so I couldn’t keep Guera. I do miss her, but I get to see her when I visit my in-laws.

2. I did a search in Pet Finder and I found a baby male iguana up for adoption at “Pets Are Us Rescue” (Cypress, TX). His name is Stripe and looks very cute. I also went to Pet Harbor and found a Chihuahua named Lulu. Here are the comments that the staff made about her:

Lulu is a sweet little girl Chihuahua that was found wandering around a parking lot. She was so sweet and came right up to her rescuer licking her and wagging her tail. Unfortunately, she was absolutely covered in fleas and quite a mess. She was also wearing a little harness that was too small and rubbing her under her arms as well as having some scabs on her ears. After a few baths and some flea medicine, she was all cleaned up and doing well. Lulu has lots of love and energy to give. Her age is estimated at 1 year old. She is about 8 lbs and gets along nicely with other dogs and children. She is quickly learning to sit before she gets her leash on, or her food. She has learned to wait nicely for her food to be made and sit nicely before it is given to her. She is crate trained and house trained with the use of a doggie door. She responds very well to corrections and walks well on a leash. She loves to play and also loves to cuddle up to you on the bed or couch. She knows to sit nicely and calmly before she is allowed to be put up on the bed since she cannot jump up on it by herself. She has quite a bit of energy and enjoys being walked twice a day. She is current on all vaccinations, is heartworm negative and will be spayed on 10/2/09. Lulu will be up for adoption starting 10/9/09. Please come and take her for a walk at Petco Humble on FM 1960 just east of Hwy 59 on weekends 12-4:30 and see if she is a match for your family!

No comments: