Friday, February 20, 2009

Love of Languages - Potluck #49


I browsed through the language sites and I registered for Livemocha. The site asked me what language I currently know and what language I am trying to learn. I chose Italian, because I love the Italian culture and I want to be able to speak the language. I enrolled in the Italian 101 course and it basically displayed a few words and pictures of those words. I was then quizzed on matching the words to the pictures and learning how to write those words correctly. The site also allows you to ask another member (who speaks the language that you are trying to learn) a question. I did not like the site, Mangolanguages, because there were too many slides and the training was at a very slow speed. I am a very impatient person and I like to go through things very quickly and not at a slow speed. Too many slides saying the same word over and over again. For work purposes, I can always brush up on my Spanish when translating documents, and visit Livemocha.

No comments: