Friday, February 20, 2009

Global Nation - Potluck #50

I visited Igougo and planned my dream vacation to Venice, Italy. I chose to stay at the Hotel Abbazia, because it had a 5* member rating and it is 1 minute away from the Grand Canal, where I will be taking a breathtaking gondola ride across the many canals Venice has to offer. The gondola driver will enlighten me with the history of the city and pinpoint important buildings. I know I will be very comfortable, since many reviewers stated that the gondolas had very plush seats. After my gondola ride, I will visit Piazza San Marco in St. Mark's Square, to go on a heavy shopping spree and enjoy a nice cup of cappuccino at one of the many cafes. All of this walking around and shopping will get me very hungry, so I will stop by the Pizzeria Marciana, located behind St. Mark's Square, to indulge on a slice of pizza and some spaghetti. I want to taste the difference between Americanized Italian food and the real Italian food, I'm sure I will be very surprised by the difference in taste! In the late afternoon, I will walk away the pounds at the Gallerie dell Accademia, which is an art gallery best known for its pre-1800's art in Venice. Then, I will grab dinner at Iguana (a Mexican restaurant), just to see what the Italian's interpretation of Mexican food is. Possibly similar to Tex-Mex food? I shall see on my visit. I can just imagine meatball tacos being served on the menu!


No comments: