Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Money & Finance #59

1. I haven't checked my credit score in a few years, but I plan to do that soon by visiting annualcreditreport.com. I read the article on credit reports and learned that the best way to keep a good credit score is to pay your bills on time. I also learned that the main type of credit score is called FICO, because it originated with the Fair Isaac & Company.

2. The only time I have ever made a spending budget was when I bought my truck six years ago. I had to calculate the monthly payment that I could actually afford. My truck is now paid off, so that's a huge relief, but it's starting to break down on me. So, I may be shopping for a new truck very soon.

3. The most useful information that I read on the TCDRS website about my retirement benefits was that I get a 7% guaranteed rate of interest, and the ups & downs of the market do not affect my account.

No comments: